Sunday, January 25, 2009

Recompense

I'm pretty sure that all the parents of the US could and probably should bring a class action law suit against the Energizer Corporation.  Every time that pink bunny rolls across the screen, Energizer should be paying royalties to the deserving and thoroughly exhausted parents of America.  They clearly designed their little advertising moneymaker after OUR offspring. Jaden gets up this morning running a piping hot 102.5 degrees and the first 2 sentences out of his mouth are, "I'm dizzy.  Can I play the Wii?"  Of course I turn into the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Mommy when my babies are sick so I said yes.  So I get him all set up and retreat to fix Grant some breakfast.  When I make it back to check on Jaden, he's stretched prone on the couch,  eyes bloodshot and watering so badly he looks like he's crying, sneezing almost continuously, and there's a steady drift of steam rising from his fevered little head.  But that doesn't slow him down in his never-ending quest to kick bad-guy butt on LEGO Batman.  

BOOM!  POW!  CRASH!

And in the saddest little voice he croaks, "Mom.  I got **sneeze** Mr. Freeze.  **Sniffle snurffle cough**  Now I'm gonna go get **hack wheeze** the Riddler.  Watch me throw my Batarang."

Shoulda just gotten him a pink bunny suit and a new drum for Christmas instead of the gumball machine.  And I shoulda received a big fat check from Energizer.  I think I'm going to write a letter.

BompBompBompBomp

5 comments:

Mary said...

Aw, that garbage is going around. I hope that your baby recovers quickly and that no one else gets it!!!

Stacey said...

Bummer...so sorry about Jaden. Crazy gunk going around. Hope he gets better quickly.

Unknown said...

Those boys, even when they are sick, still love their hobbies!

Lori E. said...

You are soooo funny!!! I am so glad I found your blog. I hope sweet Jaden is feeling better. btw, I "got" the bompbompbompbomp....I wonder if everyone did, or if I am just highly intelligent???? So glad you are in the "Scrapbooking club", we may have to get you into the "breakfast club" also........something to strive for.........lol

Carrie said...

(in response to your comment on the Wiley blog) Girl clothes ARE so much fun and you can definitely borrow her

I have to say I have laughed and laughed at your blog and your "kidspeak"! I can't wait till LK starts saying funny things!!