Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Misgivings Resolved, Chaos Ensues

The holiday season with the Pottsies. Insanity. Each year we manage to squeeze in 5 Christmases, 2 birthdays, 2-3 work related Christmas parties, our anniversary, the annual UFC holiday fight with our buds, and a New Year's gig at the Prices all in the span of 8 days (and this year a family picture involving 14 people....talk about an endeavour. My mother-in-law is popping another aspirin as she reads this just for having to remember!). I wouldn't change a minute of it either. I love Christmas!! I love getting to visit with our families and friends. This year we got a special treat...Matt's globe trotting little brother, Justin, (he's a performer for Cirque du Soleil) made it home for Christmas AND his big brother Brad and family made it to town (hence the family picture!).



Here's Exhibit #1 in The Case of the Naughty List


As for the boys, they were in hog heaven...presents and stockings and candy at every stop. Does it get any better than that? By the last of the Christmases, Jaden was more than assured that some kindly elf erased him and Grant from the naughty list. In fact, "spoiled rotten" is the only reasonable way to describe the Potts household this year (no...I'm not referring to the forgotten Thanksgiving leftovers in my fridge thank you very much). Between Grant's birthday and Christmas, we managed to make it home with no less than TEN games for the Wii. Yes. I said ten. Of course, I'm sure that any good mother would have promptly raced back to the store with eight Wii games in hand to return. I am so not a good mother. In fact, when we made it home, I helped the boys rip open every last one and we spent the next 10 days playing games! They are so much fun!! I even love one of Grant's pre-schooler games he got from Grandma and Grandpa..."Diego's Dinosaur Rescue" or somesuch. It's great! You have to jump to make Diego jump, push with your arms to make him knock stuff down, and bend and stand to make him lift rocks. Genius!


And so now here's the part where I have to admit that two of those ten games were actually gifts to yours truly. The Legend of Zelda, a long time fave of mine, has been keeping me up way past my bedtime for days now. And the Wii Fit package is crazy! You use the balance board to do all kinds of exercises and the program weighs you, calculates your BMI, and charts your workout time and progress. I thought this was all a fantastic idea until I tried it the first time. The stupid program told me I was unbalanced and that yoga wasn't my forte! Jeez. And it gets worse. The boys think it's great fun to watch me be unbalanced and looking generally ridiculous. So yesterday I was trying a new yoga pose that involved bending straight forward and touching my toes, which, to my dismay, I can no longer accomplish. So while I'm stretching with all my will (and cursing under my breath), Grant, being the super helpful little turkey he is, scooted up beside me and laid his hands on my toes and said, "Don't worry Mommy. I'll just touch them for you since you can't reach!" Do you laugh or cry? Both in my case.


Clone trooper Matt...protecting our galaxy from all things Sith.


Jaden and his beloved new toy, aptly named Killer. I find it humorous that Jaden wraps Killer up in blankets on cold days, carries him around like a baby, and puts him to bed each night with a teddy bear.

6 comments:

Stacey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacey said...

Ok, excuse the deleted comment above...I'm so computer, blog, posting a comment newbie. Messed up. Anyway, glad you all had a great Christmas!! The "fun" chaos sounds very familiar. :) And, ditto to the Wii Fit! Love it too! Great times and lots of fun!! Glad you all are feeling better too.

Brooke said...

Um...hello? Angie...a blog?? We need to have a blog coming out party at book club! Sooo fun, everyone should have one! (Bolton)
The Wii rocks. No doubt. It wears me out!
You crack me up! I say about July we re-visit "Angry Housewives" and discuss it whilst on floaties in the Snyder pool sipping Margs.

kristen lewis said...

Whooohoooo! Now I get to stalk you not only on Facebook but also here! I love it!!!

Lori E. said...

Angie, another person has found your blog. Posting on Quilty Chick is dangerous!! you are so funny and I am glad to have a new blog to blurk (credit Kristen L. for word "blurk") Just wait until you get Rock Band, that is fun too!! Yes, kids are the best excuse not to grow up and just one of the blessings they bring!!

Mary said...

Hi Angie!
Thanks for the comment, it was great to hear from you! I'll be keeping up with you now!!!