Friday, February 1, 2013

Pinteresting?

Pinterest.com

Easily the most fascinating and ridiculous creation in the last year.  Somedays it's perfectly intriguing and I find myself spending hours a little too much time pinning hoards of brilliant ideas, travel destinations, and recipes.  Other days it's perfectly stupid and idiotic and I find myself spending hours a little too much time pinning hoards of witty memes, Star Wars fan art, and pics of kitty cats sleeping.

Never before have I been so compelled to have a baby, get married, lose 20 lbs, and become a professional photographer.  All at the same time.

My attitude towards this phenomenon waxes and wanes depending on the phase of the moon.  And what kind of day I've had at school.  And possibly how much I've had to drink.

For instance:  tonight the moon is waning gibbous, I had a great but exhausting day at school, and I'm not disclosing my wine consumption.  Let it be known, however, that I left school early today (yay!!) to come home and meet the plumber over a busted pipe in the wall (boo!!).  Discern what you will regarding my consumption.

Pinterest brillance:

Witty meme...


Seriously.  How could you NOT pin this?




This one encompasses both "have a baby" and "fan art".  You know this would be adorable in a SW nursery.





Actually gonna do it.  April.  DFW.




Pinterest idiocy:


Um....  Not only no, but hell no!  Cupcakes baked in eggshells decorated like footballs...



Pregnancy announcements?  Ok.  So maybe I giggled a little when I saw this one.  But do people really send these out?  Am I that old fashioned?




Watermelon keg.  Nope.





WTF?  Think before you pin people.  Even if you've never snorkeled the Molokini crater it's pretty obvious this is Photoshopped.





Ninjabread men?

Okay.  I'm actually going to do this one because that is just pure awesomeness!!

Don't judge me.

You know this is WAY cooler than the ginger version.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First of all I would like to say terrific blog! I had a quick question which I'd like to ask if you do not mind. I was curious to find out how you center yourself and clear your head prior to writing. I've had
trouble clearing my thoughts in getting my ideas out there.
I do enjoy writing but it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are generally
lost just trying to figure out how to begin. Any ideas or tips?

Cheers!

Feel free to surf to my page: binary Options Broker