Friday, July 2, 2010

Call him George...

My boys have long complained that they are the ONLY kids on the WHOLE planet that didn't have any pets. Whatever. Well, we finally bit the bullet and adopted two 4 month old kitties last week. I have SO missed the feel of a purring little furball curled up in my lap. It also turns out that I have NOT missed the fragrance a litter box adds to my home.

Meet Pax....



and Picasso...


The boys are thrilled beyond reason to finally have pets, even if they are as mundane as cats...on our way to Petsmart the other day:

J: Mom, let's get our pets from Walter's World of Pets!
Me: What kind of pets would we get there?
J: Scorpions!
Me: No.
J: Tarantulas!
Me: No!
G: Capuchin monkeys!!
Me: Oh Lord...


It turns out that Jaden is a natural with small animals. He's kind and sweet and lets them run and hide when they've had enough.


Grant? Well, watch the first minute of this video and you'll get a sense of how Grant interacts with the kitties...




He was holding Picasso in the kitchen yesterday. Now, by "holding" I mostly mean "clutching the cat in a death grip while vigorously hopping up and down". But of course he's not paying any attention to the poor cat while he hops and is therefore bonking Picasso's head on the bar stool with every bounce.

G: hop bonk hop bonk hop bonk
Me: Grant! Stop! You're hurting him!
G: No I'm not. See, look at him. He's fine!
Picasso: **bushed out tail and eyes wide with terror**
Me: Grant, if you break the kitty's body, he could die.
G: Well, what if I just broke his leg?

I have required more than one bottle of wine to survive this week.

But nonetheless, we are enjoying them and our summer AND the rain.



Here's one of our home-run sluggers...



Go Astros!


I'll post pics of the other home-run slugger as soon as it quits raining and he gets to play another game :(

Here's a random pic of some pretty flowers growing in the flower beds at our new house. The beds are ridiculously overgrown but with some creative cropping, you don't even notice the chaos going on underneath. I am trying to tame the chaos, really. Well, actually, I'm trying to pay someone else to come tame the chaos, but you wouldn't believe how difficult it is to get the landscaper/yard people of this city to call you back! If you are one of these people, call me! I want to pay you money! Sheesh.



I can only imagine what the beds are going to look like after all this rain. Oh my. At least the rain is, for once, not accompanied by thunder, lightning, and gale force winds. That makes for some good playing in the backyard...






Happy Independence Day!

3 comments:

Jill Hurley said...

I love the George video. It's perhaps one of my favorite Looney Tunes episodes ever!

Mary said...

You are an absolute hoot! Love your posts!

katrina said...

So awesome. Love the photos and the vivid imagery you gave of your kids. They sound fabulous. :)