Saturday, May 16, 2009

Trekking the RHC

I love the Ranching Heritage Center. Yes. I really do. And not so much for it's cultural and educational potential, which is vast and no doubt amazing, but rather for it's wide open outdoorsiness and relative emptiness at 10 a.m. on any given Wednesday. Can you think of better conditions for letting little boys be little boys?? My big kid doesn't need this so much anymore *sniff sniff* but the little one is still very much in that stage. Every once in a while it's so nice to just let him run free and not have to get on to him for every last thing he touches/stomps/kicks/climbs on/licks. Okay. So you'll still find me offering some correction. He is, after all, a 4-year old male..."No you can't go over the gate and touch all the stuff in there. Get down. Now!" and "Don't climb on the hills. The man at the front desk said the snakes will bite your toes." And yes, the man at the front desk really did say that....something about bulls snakes mistaking little feet for ground squirrels and such. It's so nice that the RHC employees put my family's safety first. Or perhaps he was just on to me.















Yep. That's one cute kid. The other one's pretty cute too, but he becomes quite elusive when the camera comes out. I may drag him off to the RHC sometime soon to see if I can catch him unawares...

In other news this week, the boys spent the night with Grandma and Grandpa and so, Matt and I were able to take in a movie! We don't do that very often anymore as it is very nearly financially devastating to buy 2 tickets on a Friday night. Jeez! And don't even THINK about buying popcorn and Cokes. You have to sign over your firstborn child for that luxury. But I digress. My point in bringing this up at all is simply to say that Star Trek ROCKS and you should go see it. And then you should mortgage your house for more tickets, sign over kid #2 for more popcorn, and go see it again!!

Live long and prosper my friends. Live long and prosper.

6 comments:

kristen lewis said...

We went to Ranch Day in April and had more fun than I could have ever imagined! Your pictures are AMAZING! I must get photoshop!!! Good work, mom!

Brooke said...

Are you rockin' the photoshop or what? Those pics are great! Good times at the RHC! I agree, movies are a total racket.

Stacey said...

We haven't done the RHC, so good to know! So glad you had a great night out! Ditto on $$ and the movies. Insane.

Staci said...

Pics are awesome, as is the new format. We haven't been to the RHC either. Must try it soon.

Mary said...

I haven't been to RHC in years. Need to go back again, the kids would love it.

Lori E. said...

Oh for crying out loud, It took me the longest to figure out how to post on your awesome blog Angie......I maybe should not admit that........Love the pictures, the one where he is leaning on the truck and the one where he is looking in the window. All frame-able, hang on the wall quality. You might consider photography for a profession!!! You are also, FUNNY!!