Saturday, March 28, 2009

Obsession

I am turning over a new leaf. As of today, I will no longer neglect my sweet husband and boys over my dual obsessions of scrapbooking and reading. As of today, I am going to start neglecting them for my NEW obsession!! Photoshop! Woo!

I have been frustrated with my pictures in general for the last couple of years. In 2007 we acquired a smokin' hot new camera that upped the quality of my pics considerably, however, something was still missing. Photoshop! Duh! Most of the photos that I admire by other people have been tweaked to some degree or another. So why not mine? And so...a new obsession is born. This program is a whopper. I can forsee many late nights and sore backs from studying and playing with this baby. But my pictures are gonna look fantastic so it'll all be worth it!! Just look at the difference...

This first pic is of my cutie pie nephew, straight up and unedited.



Now here it is after applying the first action...



And here is an action on top of another action...



After messing around for a bit with these pics and a few others, I realized that my originals were all very blue. So, I warmed them up a little and WOW! What a change...this one is my favorite.










This is so great! Just think how excellent my scrapbook pages are gonna look now!!

Uh, about that whole scrapping thing...I never said I was giving it up all together. Just that I wasn't going to neglect my family for it any longer.

But that was probably a lie.

Woo!

5 comments:

The Barnyards said...

LOVE that you're getting into photoshop!! I really like all of them but I especially love the last one! Way to go!!

kristen lewis said...

I need to get photoshop! I need to pick your brain.

Brooke said...

I need, want, lust after photoshop. You go girl!!!!

Smartie Duck said...

I too just got photoshop! Ack. Need more hours in the day.

Becky said...

Yes.... I can relate to the late hours and sore back sendrome.... but it is SO worth it for AWESOME pics. That version of PS do you have?