Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Schweddy Balls

I dare you to try and keep a straight face.  Go on, try.

 If you have no idea what I'm talking about, do yourself a grand favor and Google it.  It's a cultural piece of television history to which everyone should be exposed before they die.

My day began this morning with a phenomenal plan to make Bakerella's Reindeer cake pops (I can't post her picture so check them out at bakerella.com) to give as gifts to the math department.  This is why...





That's me and the math department prancing through the halls during passing period pulling Santa in his sleigh and singing Jingle Bells.  Did you know that it is very difficult to prance around the entire school while singing?  I sucked it up though and made it the whole way....danged if I was going to be the wimpy reindeer that had to stop and catch her breath.  Turns out I may be a *wee* bit out of shape.

So, to answer your questions, 1) I'm wearing the bow and arrows because I was Cupid.  You'll notice Vixen in her red feather boa too.  2)  Yes, Cupid is a reindeer.  Sing the song people.   3)  Yes, we really are professional educators with post-graduate degrees.  4) No, we were not drinking.

But you can understand now why Reindeer Cake Pops would be SO perfect!  Fast forward to Michael's where I'm trying to contain two bored-out-of-their-mind little boys while trying to obtain the 234 items necessary to construct said cake pops.  Long story short, after narrowly averting a spray icing war (yep, there is such a thing as icing in spray cans) I came to the conclusion that Reindeer Cake Pops were waaaay over-rated and plain ol' cake balls would be just as fabulous.  I drug the rascal icing warriors out of the store (turns out they go quite willingly in any direction you want when you've got a tight grip on a handful of their shaggy hair) and we headed home to bake.


Mmmm....Red Velvet



Now, this is where my convoluted brain digs up the Schweddy Balls segment and I almost can't finish rolling the stupid things out due to a ridiculous fit of the giggles.



Maybe I'll get overly ambitious tomorrow and dress them up as reindeer anyway.  Then I'll package them up all sweet and cute with a note that says, "Enjoy your reindeer balls!"

Well, at least the math department would think it was funny.


4 comments:

Michelle S Walsh said...

You are as funny as I remember, even without summer sun, a yummy drink and a giddy sense of saving the world :-)
Merry Christmas!

Brooke said...

Schweddy Balls is in my top 5 of favorite SNL skits!! I'm glad you math people can have some fun!!! I'm sure your balls were delicious! You gotta try the oreo balls next. Oh my.

Heather Dawn said...

These cake pops came out supre cute!

Becky said...

Too funny!!! Made me smile to see Amy.... I mean "Mrs. West" in some of the pics too. Merry Christmas!