Saturday, September 4, 2010

Just Breathe

So. Freaking. Tired. But I'm not complaining. Not that much anyway. This was easily the busiest 5 months evvvvver. And that includes that one time I took 3 graduate-level classes in a single summer semester....one of which required reading 4 novels each WEEK. Yeesh. But I can honestly say that I haven't felt quite this alive in a long time. I hadn't realized what a deep rut I'd fallen into until the massive changes of the last few months yanked me right out of it. You know how when you're scooping out the cat box you hold your breath because you don't want to breathe in cat litter dust and it's taking a bit longer than you'd like because cats poop a lot apparently, and you finally run out of the room and suck in a chestful of fresh air before you pass out? Um, maybe that's just me. But THAT'S what I feel like! The fresh air part that is....and it is so nice to breathe.

The busiest part of the busy-ness has been the house. As it turns out, selling and buying a new house (mostly by yourself because your sweet husband is working insane 18 hour days and w/ 2 little boys underfoot) is no easy task. That's the sugar coated version of course. But suffice it to say, I intend to live here for at least 65 more years because I am never doing THAT again. Whew. And for the record, I can whine all I want about such things. It's my blog darnit. Kyndra, my bestest bud ever, who has sold, packed, bought, and unpacked houses all over the world following an army captain husband would roll her eyes in a major way if she read this post. But she won't read this. Because she's doing all of the aforementioned things in a move from VA to AL. By herself. With 2 little boys underfoot.

Anyway, settling into our new house has been the BEST part of the craziness! It's kinda slow going, but who cares?! I've got another 65 years to get settled! My first settling project was this:


If you're wondering, that's the tile. Um, ick? And there's a fair amount of tile in the house. But aside from filthy grout, we are LOVING this place....the space, the location, even the beautiful dark wood floors that show every blooming white cat hair. There may have been a *slight* lack of forethought when adopting those little boogers. Oh well.

But, when we weren't moving, working in town, working out of town, getting a new job, or sweeping up cat fur, we were out and about doing regular ol' summery kinds of things. Grant's a pretty good little ball player...



Nate, Grant, and the cutest trophies ever...



Jaden turned 8 with a beach party at Seahorse.

Invitations...

Lemonade cupcakes...




Grant took his first ride on an airplane...


My nephew came to visit...



Jaden practiced doing his "butterknife" off the diving board...


We couldn't talk Dad into getting wet...


Grant learned to do a front-flip...





The boys met Tommy Tuberville...



iPhones!!! ...




Oh! And I LOVE my new job! But more on that later because it's way past my bedtime...zzzzzzz

6 comments:

pottsdrum said...

Thank you for being so patient. You are an amazing woman.

Cher said...

You crack me up. I'm totally stealing some of the those birthday ideas for Gavin next year- wow! -C

Mary said...

Loving the guy standing behind Coach. Seems he's getting tired of watching footballs being signed.....glad you're blog is back. Now, when you're finished your tile, feel free to come attack mine.

Lori E. said...

A lot of changes for you. Can't wait to hear about your new job. It is time for you to share your math genius with others! I saw you at the Tech game, but at the end and I was fully having a heat stroke and could not form a sentence. We are almost directly across from you. You have the more expensive, more comfortable seats however. I am THRILLED that we are at the end so we do not have to step over anyone to get to our seats. :) OK, blog about your job!!!!

Stacey said...

Whew! What blessings! You have had some fun things going on in your life..and such exciting ones too! SO happy you love your job! Can't wait to hear more about it.

katrina said...

I was cracking up at the guy yawning too! Sounds like one hectic summer! I know the feeling of being so busy you don't know what's up from what's down. But it does make you feel alive doesn't it? God keeps giving me grace where I might be lacking. I enjoyed the read and the pics. :)