Saturday, January 2, 2010

Jump!

Bear Grylls is psychotic (Hulu yourself some Man vs. Wild if you don't know this guy). Except for when he jumped out of a helicopter over a remote tropical island. THAT I understand. Not because I've been there done that, but because sometimes I'm tempted to go there do that. I'm sure all it would take is a quick Google: "pilot who will fly over remote tropical island and look the other way whilst I leap out and plummet towards silence and solitude thus escaping the frenzy that comes with living with 3 testosterone fueled males". Oh yes. There are a few of you out there that know EXACTLY what I mean. Here's a snapshot of a moment in the Potts house today ...

  • Early morning Nerf dart gun war resulting in 498 darts strewn about the house including 7 in the Christmas tree, 3 in the kitchen sink, and 1 under my pillow. Don't ask. I have no idea.
  • BB gun target practice in the back yard resulting in neon orange target shrapnel strewn, well, everywhere
  • An archery contest with new bows and suction cup arrows that fire waaaay better than the dollar store variety. Bear in mind that said archers have had little to no education in the way of archery etiquette.




  • Snowball fight on the trampoline
  • Basketball practice in the driveway which morphed into...
  • Nerf basketball game in the house which included the use of a random mattress


    which morphed into...
  • Tackle basketball in the living room.

And none of this is out of the ordinary.  I should've asked Santa for a parachute.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

It always, ALWAYS ends in tackling. Why? I am with you, I have my parachute ready!

Staci said...

I didn't know you could have BB gun target practice in the city limits. All the more reason to boycott Santas bearing arms.

Mary said...

At least I only have one boy. It cuts down some on the wild craziness.

Stacey said...

Wow. I am speechless. You totally understand. That's sooo our casa too. Why don't we put all 6 together and you and I go for a mani/pedi?!